Ice cream in 15 minutes sounds like something only your favorite food delivery service can provide. Yet, it’s possible to enjoy the creamy goodness of homemade ice cream in that amount of time if you follow this super easy recipe for Ice Cream in a Bag! Contrary to popular belief, you don’t need a fancy ice cream maker to make summertime’s favorite dessert at home – all you need is a plastic baggie and 15 minutes. Top with your choice of fruit, nuts, or other toppings and enjoy!
Ice Cream in a Bag
• 1 cup half-and-half
• 2 tbsp. granulated sugar
• 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
• 3 cups ice
• 1/3 cup kosher salt
• Toppings of your choice
1. In a small resealable plastic bag, combine half-and-half, sugar, and vanilla. Push out excess air and seal.
2. Into a large resealable plastic bag, combine ice and salt.
3. Place the small bag inside the bigger bag and shake vigorously, 7 to 10 minutes, until the ice cream has hardened.
4. Remove from the bag and enjoy your favorite ice cream toppings.
On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at The Park at Forest Hill Apartments in Memphis, Tennessee encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.